RESERVATIONS: 0800 005 2244 ENQUIRIES: 01803 294373
Our restaurant, The Inn, is completely refurbished. We have new chef, and new menu. So we decided that would be nice to share something with you to celebrate. Any excuse to celebrate :))
There is nothing like a good home-made cake. You simply need to follow a good recipe, use the very best ingredients and enjoy the result.
In this blog, our chef, has chosen some popular classics and given precise instructions for success.
At the same time, we would like to invite you to share with us your own recipes. Enjoy!
3 kg FLOUR
1.5 kg BUTTER
750 g SUGAR
750 g GROUND ALMONDS
PINCH OF SALT
1. Mix all dry ingredients together and add butter, rub in until breadcrumb like.
2. Slowly mix in the eggs; add a little warm water if required.
3. Chill for at least 4 hours.
BRAMLEY APPLE COMPOTE
½ box BRAMLEY APPLES
1 lb SUGAR
8 oz SULTANAS
1. Heat a large pan until very hot.
2. Peel and slice apples.
3. Cook apples with the sugar and sultanas and just soft, maintaining their shape.
4. Put apple pastry cases, compacting lightly
5. Top with lattice strips and bake at 180c until golden.